Stephenson Nursing Center
Physical therapy restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction.
1. Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
2. Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
3. Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
Occupational Therapy assists individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming.
1. Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
2. Strengthening and coordination exercises
3. Exercises to maintain normal joint movement
Speech-language pathologists address cognitive, communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
1. Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
2. Verbal and non-verbal communication
3. Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
4. Appropriate diet recommendations
Stephenson Nursing Center proudly partners with Infinity Rehab to provide superior individualized rehabilitation services to our residents.
Rehabilitation can assist residents in regaining their highest level of function. Residents make appropriate recoveries through physical, occupation, and/or speech therapies.
Therapy services are available 7 days a week.